Reducing weight in vehicle structures and components has taken on a new level of importance with the shift to electric powertrains and a growing focus on sustainability in manufacturing. Optimising the material mix, design and application in a vehicle’s architecture is a key factor both in the performance of electric cars and in maintaining efficient, low-carbon production.
These opportunities in materials, combined with compressed development time for new vehicles, are also requiring much closer collaboration across vehicle design, engineering and production than ever before.
Don’t miss the opportunity to be part of this edition, which will report on trends and insights including:
• Creating strong, lightweight battery enclosures
• Aluminium castings in chassis structures
• Modelling material performance
• Design-for-manufacturing strategies
• Simulating EV body structures
• Light-weighting components
• Multi-material challenges in design and production
To discuss opportunities please contact, Andrew Fallon Head of Commercial Development.